To enhance the safety and welfare of children and young people by developing and revising Child Protection and Safeguarding Policies and Procedures, on a multi-agency basis.
- Develop Policy & Procedures which will contribute to the objectives set in the SBNI’s 3 year Strategic Plan.
- Fulfil the policy and procedural requirements contained in the Departmental Guidance relating to the creation of the SBNI.
- Review individual policy and procedures identified by professional staff as being ambiguous or unhelpful.
- Following the conclusion of the current Departmental review of policies, produce a revised Regional Policy and Procedures, which reflects the changes in thinking and practice contained in the Department’s revision of Cooperating to Safeguard Children.
- Agree with the member agencies a dissemination process for the revised document.
- Revised Regional Core Child Protection Policies and Procedures for Northern Ireland launched